X Security Issues?

All,

I was doing a routine nmap of my network today, and noticed when I
nmap'd a box running KDE that the following showed up:

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on (removed) (XX.XX.XXX.XX):
(The 1552 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
1024/tcp   open        kdm

I'm not running KDM, but I do have the KDE desktop up.  When nmap'ing
the same box when KDE is not running, I get:

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on (removed) (XX.XX.XXX.XX):
(The 1553 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh

And with a simple "xinit", I get:

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on (removed) (XX.XX.XXX.XX):
(The 1552 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
6000/tcp   open        X11

Now, is there any security implications of having this port open?  (I
am nmap'ing this box's external Internet interface as it is my ipmasq
box.)  If so, what files do I have to edit to get rid of it?  I don't
need X listening on this interface.

Thanks!

Edward Guldemond

GPG Key: 0x4E505B0F
Key fingerprint:  4CAC 6740 C1CD 3CE4 6CA0
                  34E9 B3B7 18EC 4E50 5B0F