secure file transfer

Hi All,

I am trying to implement a way of transfering files securely over the Internet using sftp which is part of the ssh2 protocol.  A down side of implementing this is that users logging on can browse the whole filesystem.  I have done some research and found a way to chroot users so they won't be able to browse the filesystem (http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net/).  Can someone please suggest if there are any other ways of implementing a secure file transfer without patching sshd ???

Nato