Re: [off-topic?] Chrooting ssh/telnet users?

On 26/10/01, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> The problem is, how can an admin restrict remote access from a given user
> (through telnet and/or sshd) in order to limit his "moves" inside the
> operating system.
[...]
> AFAIK, pam only allows to limit some user accesses (cores, memory
> limits..) not users "movement" in the OS

That's a wrong assumption. At least RedHat contains a pam_chroot.so
module which can be used in connection with the latest ssh to limit a
user into a chroot. I'm just wondering if that module is packaged
already for debian or not.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)