Re: apt-get issue(s)

> do you use any kind of firewall? In the network or local? Eventually a
> configuration mistake in netfilterIs your specific machine allowed to
> connect to debian.org?
> can you ping 132.229.131.40? ping security.debian.org?
> What does telnet security.debian.org 80 say?

Yes, I'm using a firewall (gShield) but configuration for it hasn't
changed recently (rather, I changed it and put it back but it didn't
seem to make a difference).

Telnet, ping, lynx to security.debian.org with either IP address or
name work fine... just not apt-get.

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@ieee.org>