RE: imap

A cool way to do this with stunnel is:

stunnel -d 993 -r myimaphost:143
(or take a look at http://www.stunnel.org/examples/encrypt_services.html)

the only problem I've seen with this method is that some imap+ssl combos
require a proper signed cert to hook up with the imap server (maybe).
that'll cost you a bit of $$. newer versions of outlook express (5.5 sp2
beta) warn about a cert that can't be checked, but eudora (5.1) and mozilla
(nightlies) seem to just croak.

later,
Steve