Re: checking memory

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 08:24:51AM -0300, Pedro Zorzenon Neto wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 09:21:19AM +0200, Philipp Schulte wrote:
> > I was thinking of bad memory that might cause this behaviour.
>
> Helping about checking memory:
>   Install package 'hwtools'
>   Put a blank, formatted floppy disk in /dev/fd0 (or fd1)
>   # cp usr/lib/hwtools/memtest86.bin /dev/fd0
>   Reboot the computer with this disk.
>
>   See also /usr/share/doc/hwtools/

 If your BIOS supports LBA32, LILO can load stuff from anywhere on your
disk.  Just put

image=/usr/lib/hwtools/memtest86.bin
        label=memtest86
image=/usr/lib/hwtools/memmxtest.bin
        label=memmxtest

 in your lilo.conf, and rerun lilo.
 If you don't have lba32, put those .bins somewhere where lilo can get at
them at boot time.  Doing this is much nicer than booting from floppies,
especially if you are using the boot-menu feature.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y