Sudo and Chown?

I would like to give a user the ability to chown files in certain
directories to other users ownership.

I have configured sudo to limit the users and files that can be specified
for this operation, but there is still one loophole that bugs me:

If the user were to make a hard link to a file I don't want them to touch in
one of the directories they can run chown in, they could then sudo and
change the ownership of the file I was trying to protect.

Is there any way to keep chown from modifying files that are linked? Or can
you prevent the creation of hard links in a directory?

    -Socolow