Re: kernel patches

Am Samstag, 10. März 2001 00:05 schrieb Kevin:
> Then they only have to compile their own version.  Openwall shows only
> you when you run 'w' but shows everyone if you 'who'.  Anyone know
> why?
No experience with tools like this (LIDS/Openwall etc.)
w and who are different binaries on my system, so they might use different
ways of accessing the information.

If users can actually compile their own stuff in a restricted environment
there are many possibilities of circumventing restrictions. The only
restrictions which are not easily circumvented are those imposed by the
kernel and its components.

--
Patrick Dreker
> Is there anything else I can contribute?
The latitude and longtitude of the bios writers current position, and
a ballistic missile.
                         Alan Cox on linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org