connecting to my box

I am new to Debian so please excuse my ignorance. I installed Debian after
so much struggle, and I turned off a few services and left some like sshd
running. When trying to ssh to my box it tells me somethng about the
authentication failing.

I know I might be writing the wrong list, but I guess ssh may be security
related ;) Please help, or else this whole Linux partition would be
useless to me if I can't connect to it from work.. I don't understand why
it can't be like FreeBSD.

Thanks

Mohammed Elzubeir

General Access Labs (x2825)