Re: Taking over scilab and moving to git

On 15/08/16 08:25, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
Le 15/08/2016 à 08:46, Wolfgang Fütterer a écrit :
Hi all,

I finally find the time to take over the packaging of scilab.

First of all I was trying to build scilab with svn-buildpackage and
establishing a workflow with subversion. This finally failed. So I decided to
move the packaging of scilab from subversion to git.

I imported the whole subversion repository into git and cleaned it up
afterwards. In detail, I did the following:

- Creation of real git tags and removing the corresponding branches.
- Removing unnecessary branches like trunk

I pushed the result of my effort to my personal public git repository at
alioth[1] for reviewing. Please feel free to leave comments, complaints and
suggestions on how to improve it.
I don't see any changes besides a git migration?! This wasn't super
critical to me but why not..

The repository looks tidy and compliant with the d-science policy.

I guess you are planning to move the package under the debian-science
git repo, right?

I was about to ask whether you considered going for team-maintenance
under the Debian Science Team umbrella.

To be honest, I am a bit concern that your time is going to be as
limited as mine as it took a year to do that (sorry for being blunt)

Are you referring to the maintenance effort of scilab, Sylvestre ?

Ghis