Re: Packaging and sponsoring of ompl (Was: r3898 - in /projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks: robotics robotics-dev)

Hi Leopold,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:04:51AM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > If it is helpful for you there is no rule that would forbid to keep the
> > entries.  I just heard from ftpmaster that they might become distracted
> > to read irrelevant stuff and I personally like to keep their workload as
> > small as possible.  I'm not sure whether this opinion is valid these
> > days any more.  So if you really think it is helpful - this will not
> > stop me from sponsering in the end.
>
> yes, to me it's helpfull. However I doubt about the first version of the
> package to put in debian. The "normal" thing should be -1, not -5.

Yes, please let the first Debian upload be *-1.

> > > First of all, I must admit that I don't understand what are you asking me
> with
> > > the dpkg-control.
> >
> > Well, the usage of configmodel has nothing to do with Pre-Depends or
> lintian.
> > It is just a unique formatting (that's why I used different items im my
> list).
>
> So? I'm sorry Andreas, but I still don't understand you ....

So if you do not understand you obviously did not tried what I
suggested.  Any reason not to do it and `git stash` it if I was
wrong in assuming that you will like it?

> > Well, due to the missing pristine-tar I did not yet builded the package.
> > I have no idea what (possible false positives) lintian is producing in
> > pedantic mode (and I actually do not use this lintian level).  Your
> > debian/ dir does not contain any preinst maintainer script and so
> > (without testing) I simply assume that lintian is wrong here.  The
> > Pre-Depends field should be *realy* rarely used and +pedantic lintian
> > messages are a weak reason to do so.  Please re-read the docs when
> > Pre-Depends should really be used.
>
> Ok, I can review it. I will ask to the dpkg maintainer (a catalan guy too ;-)

Let us know the result of your research.

> > OK.  Just ping me - favourably via an entry at SoB Wiki page.  I just
> > verified that after my changes the package arrived at the according
> > tasks page[1].
>
> Well, just done. I had the upstream branch with the needed tag, but no the
> pristine-tar branch. I hope that it would be ok now.

OK, pulled pristine-tar branch and tried to build the package.  Went
fine until autotest:

[100%] Built target demo_StateSampling
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/ompl-0.13.0+git20130920.01d0ca4/build'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /tmp/buildd/ompl-0.13.0+git20130920.01d0ca4/build/CMakeFiles 0
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/ompl-0.13.0+git20130920.01d0ca4/build'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/ompl-0.13.0+git20130920.01d0ca4'
   dh_auto_test -O--buildsystem=cmake -O--parallel
dh_auto_test: error: unable to chdir to obj-x86_64-linux-gnu
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package