Re: Please check Debian Science robotics tasks (Was: [SCM] choreonoid branch, master, updated. ...)

Hi,

A Dilluns, 17 de juny de 2013, Andreas Tille va escriure:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 04:08:45PM +0900, Thomas Moulard wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> > I checked out the repository to make some modifications and I have a
>
> > couple of questions:
> Thanks for checking!  Those sanity checks are really welcome.
>
> > 1. Should the WNPP field be removed when the package get into Debian
> > (see morse-simulator)?
>
> Yes.  The job that renders the web sentinel is creating some log file
> that issues a warning about data that can be deleted and I'm working
> down this from time to time.  It simply does not scale for me personally
> if I try to follow any new upload closely because it finally does not
> harm if the data remain there.  They will be ignored if the package is
> uploaded.
>
> > 2. I think that some packages are too general to be there: Boost,
> > Gnuplot, Octave, etc.
> > What about removing them from the list?
>
> As I said I'm no robotics expert and I will not raise any opinion here.
> Somebody had injected them in the first place (may be browsing SVN log
> might uncover who it actually did - I hope it was not me on request of
> somebody which hides the origin).  As an alternative it might be
> possible to simply "Suggest" these packages which might be a reasonable
> compromise.

:-) I think that was I.

I'm robotics, but I think that in this field you will never be expert. ;-) I
think that it could be erased. It was made, maybe 4 years ago, and a lot of
things have been changed from that (a lot of middlewares: ROS ...)

The problem that I have found, and I ask you Andreas is that the page is
autogenerated from templates in the svn  (daily ... once at day ;-) This
format is a bit strict IMHO, because the robotics software covers a lot of
areas and maybe it's too difficult to have a simple list of recommendations.

Also, I thought the same that Thomas asked about a validation of the
modifications. For example, I don't know if there's any way to manually
generate that page and see the final result.

Regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692     PGP: 0xF944807E
Catalonia