RE: Distribution of non-GPL models with GPL Software (Was: [Qucs-devel] Closed bugs)

Adding the debian maintainer, and debian-science list to make sure there aren't distribution objections before I start verifying everything.

Some background:
I would like to include some vendor specific SPICE models with Qucs, which are not under the GPL, but a license which (I hope) to be compliant to the DFSG.

In a recent email, Richard stated:
> [snip] but in my view all models which are not compiled and linked into Qucs may be
> considered merely as 'data' which is processed by Qucs.
> [snip]
> This is especially true with spice models, as in this case Qucs is merely interpreting a
> 'standard interface', the spice model is portable between multiple simulators,
> not tied to just Qucs.

The license suggestion is below.

Thanks
-Robin