Mathgl upload issue

Hello,

I have prepared version 2.1.1-1 of mathgl for upload to experimental. Since it
will go to the NEW queue, I asked Sebastien Villemote to check it and possibly
upload it.

Sebastien's view is that in unstable, the build dependencies are
satisfied but the package fails to compile. This is a bug. The package
must compile when build dependencies are satisfied. The build dependencies must
be tightened in order to pull in the needed stuff from experimental. Build
daemons do not pull in stuff from experimental if the build dependencies can be
satisfied in unstable, so the package will FTBFS everywhere.

My view is that since the package builds successfully in a clean chroot
created and updated with pbuilder with the option "--distribution
experimental", it will (most probably) build successfully after an upload to
experimental as well. The package appears to be lintian clean apart from
compilation flag hardening and missing manpages warnings. All issues related to
its behavior upon upload to unstable will be dealt with by me when the time
comes for the package to be uploaded to unstable.

I ask other members of the list to try the package, share their views on it
with me and possibly upload it. Note that only amd64 build is possible
currently, due to more symbols file editing needed for other arches.

Best regards
Dimitris