Re: yet another talk submitted

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, David Bremner wrote:
> > Although not requested, I've decided to share the abstract I've just
> > submitted.  I wanted to get your feedback (does it sound worth
> > "lecturing" or may be some kind of "discussion" would be more
> > appropriate).
> Hi Yaroslav;
Hi David,

> Pardon my sloppy and quick reading (marking finals calls :) ), but if I
I guess I should express pardon from my side that idea didn't stick out
well to be more obvious .

> read you right, you intend to focus on the idea blends for science,
> which I think deserves its own session, and if you have enough material
> for a lecture, then I say go for it.

It is not per se about blends.  I see blends as the best and easy
solution to jump on to make Debian more appealing to the generic
audience, be it a science or any other user-base with given interests.
With the talk though I want to express the opinion that Debian is
already ready to become a distribution of choice for many user-bases
among mortals, and that is a particularly good fit for scientific users.
Question is: why then it hasn't become popular among them (yet)?  and I
speculate that it is simply due to the lack of visibility of
Debian among those users and this issue could be easily addressed.
Moreover I wanted to reiterate some issues, currently not fully
addressed in Debian, which are somewhat specific to scientific
user-base.

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]