Hadoop in Debian

Hi,

Steffen Möller contacted me and proposed, that I should inform you about the
recent upload of Hadoop into unstable.
"Hadoop is a software platform that lets one easily write and run applications
that process vast amounts of data." It is modelled after the Google Filesystem
and Google MapReduce implementation.

Hadoop at the Large Hadron Colider:
http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/180/1/012047?ejredirect=migration

Hadoop on Debian Wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/Hadoop

Steffen also suggested, that I may find a sponsor or co-maintainers for
further uploads of hadoop. While the current sponsor is happy to do more
uploads, he is not in any kind affiliated to hadoop.

I'm not subscribed to debian-science.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro