[Help] Bothering ng-spice authors for license clarification (Was: ng-spice-rework_18.dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED)

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:

OK. I accept. The only problem is that I have a lot of work to do :)

Unfortunately that's true for several people here. ;-)

I will make two versions
ngspice which is DFSG compatible
ngspice-nf which contains the non-free stuff but without xspice since the
license is dubious.

Is it OK if I ask the upstream about license change after ngspice has been
accepted in Debian?

From a ftpmaster point of view that's not an optimal solution because we
might have to bother them twice: One for including two source packages and
later for removing the other one.

So why not trying on relaying on the Debian Science group and ask whether
somebody might be help out to contact the upstream authors about this?
For those who did not followed the discussion the critical parts are
mentioned here[1].

Kind regards and thanks for any help

        Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2009/03/msg00081.html