MPI defaults

Hi all

while working on HDF5 I'm considering to move MPI support to use mpi-default-dev
and mpi-default-bin. That would imply providing a single reference platform support
(openmpi or lam, completely dropping mpich AFAIK) which is quite different from what
done until today. I wonder if it would be appropriate
having instead a mpi-all-dev and mpi-any-bin package which depends on all supported platforms
on every archs. That would allow transparently building lam, mpich and openmpi
flavors whenever possible, and depending on any appropriate tool the admin would install.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine