Re: r-cran-maptools_0.7.16-1_i386.changes REJECTED (fwd)

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:
> I agree to some extend with Roger.  Could you comment on this?
> Would you think that the package is fit for non-free if you are
> non convinced?

If the license prohibits distributing modified versions, it's clearly
non-free. If there are no other restrictions, there's no reason it
couldn't go to non-free. The current consensus of the Debian Project
is that all files in packages in main must be free as defined in the
DFSG.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *