Re: Grid tasks

2009/3/10 Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Manuel Prinz wrote:
>> If those would be globus-specific virtual packages, aren't they best
>> maintained by the globus maintainers and not as a task in Debian
>> Science?!
There is an independent Debain-based distro (Instant Grid[0]) that
packages many grid tools. Perhaps you know some of their maintainers.
Their "packaging" experience could be useful...
The project seem quite inactive regarding "stable" releases, but there
is a "testing" branch updated often. I have tried it and it's very
useful.

> I think so.  In case we might have more (competing / incompatible)
> grid solutions we might consider virtual packages grid-server and
> grid-client.  It does not sound like a problem for debian-science
> tasks.
+1
I think this could make the packages more "Globus-independent".

[0]: Instant Grid: http://instant-grid.de