Re: RC bugs in science packages

Am Dienstag, den 03.02.2009, 12:44 +0000 schrieb Chris Walker:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 12:06:54PM +0000, chrisw wrote:
> > In an effort to ensure that as many science packages as possible end
> > up in lenny, the next Debian release, I've had another quick look at
> > the RC bugs in science packages that need to be solved in testing.
> > [...]
> > [FROZEN] Package: openmpi (extra; Debian OpenMPI Maintainers et al.)
> >    [openmpi/1.2.7~rc2-2 ; 1.3-2 ; 4/10 days ;
> >    alpha(Build-Attempted);sparc(Build-Attempted)]
> > 510845 [          B] mpi-defaults: FTBFS/not available on alpha
> > 512616 [          B] [openmpi] missing symbols?
> [...]
> So openmpi, ttf-mathematica4.1 and root-system (and ideally axiom) all
> need bugs fixing before the release. octave and octave-symbolic need
> the release team to allow them in.

The Open MPI bugs are taken care of and *do not* affect testing. They
only affect unstable and are non-trivial to fix anyway. We're on it.

If you have a look at the lenny-only list [1], they're not listed. But
thanks for caring!

On an aside, would it be a good thing to have such email of RC bugs in
scientific packages on a regular basis (e.g. monthly)? I guess it is not
too hard to script. (The mails could go to the maintainers list on
Alioth to not bother debian-science readers.)

Best regards
Manuel, with his Open MPI maintainer hat on

[1] http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=lenny