Re: New -dev tasks

Am Freitag, den 12.12.2008, 11:27 +0100 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> For a lambda user, applications and libraries are two very different
> things.

ACK.

> I would like to know if we could create a -dev tasks for each category
> and move libraries into.

This should be possible. AFAIK you can just create them and add packages
to them. But there is one aspect one might consider: Sometimes,
libraries come along with a certain set of utils, so there is not just
the library per se. One example you're familiar with is Open MPI. So I
wonder if it is reasonable to add -dev packages to the already existing
task pages and modify the scripts that generate the meta-packages in a
way that they sort out all -dev packages into a $TASK-dev package?

Best regards
Manuel