Debian package for TreeView X

Dear all,

Because I am considering using it, I have made a debian package for TreeView X.
Here is its description:

 TreeView X is an open source program to display phylogenetic trees on Linux,
 Unix, Mac OS X, and Windows platforms. It can read and display NEXUS and
 Newick format tree files (such as those output by PAUP*, ClustalX,
 TREE-PUZZLE, and other programs). It has a subset of the functionality of the
 version of TreeView available for the Mac Classic and Windows (it is roughly
 equivalent to version 0.95 of TreeView).
 .
 The program was written by Rod Page r.page@bio.gla.ac.uk using the wxWidgets
 C++ library. URL: http://darwin.zoology.gla.ac.uk/~rpage/treeviewx/

This program almost does not more than njplot, apart from having a gnome interface and allowing to export to the SVG format. Shall I write an ITP, or shall I put it on my website and write an ITP only if some persons find it useful ?

For the moment, I have put everything on http://charles.plessy.org/debian It is a powerpc package, and I have not yet figured out how to provide it as a source so that people can compile it.

I have a philosophical problem with this package. The name of the binary is 'tv', which is not very meaningful. Would it be unethical if I renamed TreeViewX, for instance ?

Best regards,

--
Charles Plessy