Re: arbitrary precision gfortran

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Yigal Weinstein wrote:

> No one has formatted fortran into arbitrary precision here?  Well i'll be
> darned.  Well thanks a bunch.  Is it because real*8 has been acceptable or
> some other reason?

If your science isn't faulty[1], there's few reasons why you would need
enough accuracy that real*8 couldn't provide.

[1] Sure, there are functions f(x) you can construct that eg. vary wildly
between -1 and 1 for vary small changes in x, over certain domains, but
your measurements of x are going to be no more accurate than the value in
your real*8 x.

--
TimC
I read [.doc files] with "rm".  All you lose is the microsoft-specific