Re: Looking for a C/C++ probability library

On 7 November 2005 at 09:50, Michael A. Miller wrote:

|     > Hi everyone! I'm about to deploy some simulations programs
|     > for a mathematic workgroup in my university, and I would
|     > like to do it in Linux and in C/C++.  For that, I'll have
|     > to use some stadistic functions, like geometric series,
|     > gaussian distributions, etc.  The question will be ¿do you
|     > know of any library according to the job?  If it is in
|     > another language, please mention it too.
|
| R (http://www.r-project.org) is a high quality open source
| language and environment for statistical computing and graphics
| (similar to S).  It can be called from C, but I don't have any
| direct experience with that.  It is packaged for Debian in r-base
| and a number of add-on packages.

Initializing and calling the R interpreter from C is not that trivial, though
it has been done, and is easier now than it used to be.

But we have r-mathlib as a standalone C library (and Debian package) with
probability functions, RNGs, etc pp which could be an alternative to the GSL
in this particular case.

Regardsm Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'