Re: slib and Schemes

Nick Gasson <nick@nickg.me.uk> writes:

> Hi Göran,
>
> On 09/13/20 19:27 pm, Göran Weinholt wrote:
>>
>> And another question. Which implementations have you verified that the
>> slib package already works with?
>
> I verified the latest release with scm, mit-scheme, and guile. Guile and
> MIT need to have slib loaded once as root in order to generate the
> catalogue file (there's a bug for this already). As I mentioned before I
> think the solution is to generate the catalogue for each Scheme
> implementation using a trigger in the slib package, but I haven't
> started working on this yet. Do you think that's a good idea?

Sounds like a good idea. The approach used in postinst today does not
seem practical.

So this needs coordination with the Schemes that support SLIB, namely
with Bryan, Rob and Barak (for scm, guile and mit-scheme respectively).

Rob: the guile-libs postinst already has "dpkg-trigger /usr/share/slib"
and a comment that SLIB doesn't support Guile 3.0. There's a new slib
version in testing now, so that part might be solved. What's the story
behind the trigger, can slib stop handling guile (etc) in its postinst?

Bryan & Barak: Do you agree that it's a good idea to add code to your
postinsts to handle slib's catalog generation?

--
Göran Weinholt   | https://weinholt.se/
Debian Developer | 73 de SA6CJK