Install Problem with dbootstrap - probably missing newline?

Hello again,

We had a problem with the installation (with lcs now):

When installing the base system the dbootstrap-part exits with:

+-------------------------+ Warning +---------------------+
 Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc
/proc
seems to be a missing newline. But we also get a strange output on the
3270-Terminal:

# illegal operation: 0001
CPU:    0
Process mount (pid: 3718, stackpage=01A25000)

Kernel PSW:    07085000 8041423a
task: 01a24000 ksp: 01a25e38 pt_regs: 01a25da0
Kernel GPRS:
00001000  00414238  00414280  00000000
00415000  00000218  00000000  c0ed0000
00000001  004141f8  01a25ef8  00000d0f
00414280  80052c00  800252ec  01a25e38
Kernel ACRS:
00000000  00000000  00000000  00000000
00000001  00000000  00000000  00000000
00000000  00000000  00000000  00000000
00000000  00000000  00000000  00000000
Kernel BackChain  CallChain
       01a25e38   Ý<00052c40>¨
       01a25e98   Ý<00052e62>¨
       01a25f08   Ý<000137c0>¨

opening a shell and doing the chroot & mount -t proc proc /proc manually does
work but zipl (which we copied from the install system to /target/sbin) fails
 with:

sh-2.05# zipl
building bootmap    : /boot/bootmap
adding Kernel Image : /vmlinuz located at 0x00010000
adding Parmline     : /boot/parmfile located at 0x00001000
Error opening eckd bootloader input file /boot/eckd0.
Error: Could not install ECKD bootloader for compatible disk layout.

Now we're stuck.

Simon + Robert

--
simon fischer
linux for zSeries (s/390) - team

becom informationssysteme gmbh - germany