Re: ctc on bootfloppies 3.0.14

Hello,

> Thanks for your feedback. Could you be more specific on how you configured
> ctc? Did you use the network configuration dialog of the bootfloppies?
>
> The bootfloppies 3.0.15 which I will upload within the next days, have got
> a lot of fixes and enhancements, especially for ctc. I haven't been able to
> test all this stuff so I am very much interested in any feedback.
>
> Gerhard

Which network configuration dialog do you mean ;-) ? Where can I find it?  -
I tried it from scratch:

I started with insmod ctc -> it failed of course
after depmod -a I tried it each time with modprobe and insmod (with and
without complete path to the module):

When I simply use modprobe ctc the module loads fine but an

ifconfig ctc0 192.168.253.20 pointopoint 192.168.253.19 mtu 1492 up

( I first tried it with an mtu-size of 1492 because the ctc-driver used to be
unstable with other values)

gives:

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
ctc0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFDSTADDR: No such device
ctc0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFMTU: No such device
ctc0: unknown interface: No such device

so I tried it with several config-options:

insmod ctc
setup='"ctc,0x1400,0x1401,ctc0"'
ctc='"ctc0,0x1400"'
ctc=ctc0:0x1400
everything failed to load
only insmod ctc ctc0:0x1400 worked but with the same result of "ifconig" as
above.

#CP Q CTC shows:
CTCA 1400 COUPLED TO  TCPIP    1301 SUBCHANNEL = 000E
CTCA 1401 COUPLED TO  TCPIP    1300 SUBCHANNEL = 000F

It's not so important anymore because I got a new connection through our
firewall but I'm very interested in testing the 3.0.15 version.

thanks

simon

--
simon fischer
linux for zSeries (s/390) - team

becom informationssysteme gmbh - germany