Re: RFS: ruby-loofah 2.2.1-1 (CVE-2018-8048)

Hi,

On 18-03-22 01:04:23, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:35:57PM +0100, Georg Faerber wrote:
> > Please review / upload ruby-loofah 2.2.1-1, which fixes
> > CVE-2018-8048. Changes pushed to git in branch d/2.2.1-1.
>
> Can you add a short description for the CVE in the changelog (like
> 'prevents cross-site scripting')?

Sure, fixed in git.

> This new version breaks two tests in ruby-rails-html-sanitizer (some
> spaces changed in the output). I didn't check if there was some update
> for this package which would reflect this.

I was kind of afraid that this might happen.. :/ Should I take this to
rails-html-sanitizer upstream, and ask for input on this? There doesn't
seem to be much activity, honestly. Also, there is no update, the last
commit was made 2017/05/12. Or should we rather fix the tests on our
own?

(Also, because I would like to do my "homework": How do I test rdepends
with a new version of a dependency?)

> Can you also take care of applying the patch to the version currently
> in stable and contact the security team for a proposed update for
> stretch?

Sure, will try my best. Never did this up until now, so I'll send a
proposal here and ask for some input.

Cheers,
Georg