Re: help with the diaspora package

On Thursday 16 April 2015 12:21 AM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:53:46PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
>> On Wednesday 15 April 2015 05:31 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>>> Please don't, these versioned packages are a mess. you can try embedding
>>> the old version in the diaspora package in the meantime.
>>
>> Can I add the gems to debian/compat and use gem install --local? Is
>> there a better way of doing it.
>
> debian/compat?

I meant compatibility, but overlooked the already defined debian/compat
(in fedora there used to -compat packages that provided older glibc
versions)

> I would do this by changing the Gemfile to use your private copy:
>
>   gem 'foo', path: 'vendor/gems/foo' # or whatever path you want
>
> then you install your private copy of bootstrap-sass to
> $APPROOT/vendor/gems/foo

bundle exec succeeds, but sprockets can't find the assets (bundle exec
rake assets:precompile fails)

couldn't find file 'bootstrap-tooltip'
  (in /usr/share/diaspora/app/assets/javascripts/main.js:43)

I just copied the gem file to /usr/share/diaspora/vendor/gems directory.
I will create a diaspora-gems package that will install the incompatible
gems this way.

Note: you can build diaspora from our git repo and copy the gem file