Re: RFS: cucumber 1.2.1-1

  Hello,

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Cédric Boutillier
<cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
> I pushed to the repo a new version of cucumber. The package builds fine
> in a clean environment and is lintian clean. Here is the entry of the
> changelog:
>
> cucumber (1.2.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>  * New upstream version
>  * Use ruby-test.rake to run tests. Build-depend on rake.
>  * Bump Standards-Version: to 3.9.3 (no changes needed)
>  * Add 003-Disable-tests-assuming-ordered-hashes.patch
>    + disable tests relying on ordered hashes
>  * Add myself to Uploaders:
>  * Depend on libjs-jquery instead of using the embedded copy.
>    + include non-minified copy of jquery
>    + update copyright file to take into account jsquery
>  * Do no suggest anymore ruby-prawn and ruby-nokogiri explicitly

  I just had a look, and I'm basically puzzled with two things:

  * first, you say you dropped the suggests on ruby-prawn
ruby-nokogiri, but the latter still is referenced. BTW, why removing
the suggests at all if they provide additional functionality ? I liked
the way the old long description said things

  * why do you include a copy of jquery.js in the package ? I fail to
see the point, if it is available from libjs-jquery. If you have to
have it available at build time, build-depend on libjs-jquery and make
appropriate symlinks, if you can't go around having it in the build
directory.

  And, just as a side note, please bump the dependency on gem2deb to
(>= 0.3.0~) (see thread starting at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2012/06/msg00097.html).

  Cheers,

      Vincent