Re: ruby 1.9.1 will be ruby's stable release in december

On 19/10/07 at 00:40 +0200, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   - we must patch Ruby to add the above directory in its search path
> (which should be first /usr/local, then /usr/lib/ruby/dist, and finally
> ruby's stdlib)

I think that this can be done at configure time.
Also, we should _really_ find a common solution with the other distros,
and with upstream too.

>   - we must change all the packages currently in the archive (painful).
> The good news is that only a minor tweak of ruby-pkg-tools would do the
> trick for most packages but the ones configured and tweaked by hand.

Note we are not really changing all packages for this, since all
packages will have to be modified for ruby1.9 anyway.