Re: liblocale-ruby in repository (RFS)

Paul van Tilburg escreveu isso aí:
> > [0] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/subversion.html
>
> It's a good document, yes, I agree with it mostly.  However, it's
> disputable if upstream source should be in Debian too.  It's like the
> discussion if debian/ dirs should be included in upstream source but
> then reversed.  Also I think the branches/ thing is a bit of a hack, and
> the "new" mergeWithUpstream method maybe a bit experimental, it seems to
> work fine for these simple structured ruby upstream libs/progs.
>
> I think we should agree on what we should do with the upstream data.
> The whole GNOME team works with upstream outside Subversion for example.
> There are to things to say for and against both methods, I am for having
> upstream locally.

That's a good point. The pkg-xfce people seems to work like that, i.e.,
with only debian/ in svn, and a script to download the sources and put
them in the right place.

http://pkg-xfce.alioth.debian.org/
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-xfce/

I think that the ideal would be something like this. I could set up an
environment like that for us, if everybody agrees.

> (For example, I've just checked out your
> liblocale-ruby, build it and it's a debian native pkg now).

Yeah, I realized that while in bed yesterday. :)

--
Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <asaterceiro@inf.ufrgs.br>
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~asaterceiro