Re: Bad dependencies and missing packages

Hi Brent,

On 2023-07-31 04:54, Brent Kolasinski wrote:
> Hello riscv64 Porters,
>
> I know you are all busy with the moving of RISC-V into the main archive (exciting news!), and just wanted to bring this to the teams attention, in case it is worthy of filing a bug (or making the determination that it is a temporary condition).
>
> I am attempting to debootstrap a riscv64 root. However, I am getting the run around with dependencies, regardless of using unstable in debian-ports or unstable in the main archive. I am wondering if this is just a bad time to be doing this...
>
> If I attempt to debootstrap with debian-ports (which I assume is frozen based on the message to debian-devel-announce today) I run into an odd condition with systemd. systemd_254~rc3-3 is installed, but it's dependency, systemd-dev_254~rc3-3_all is not available in debian-ports, only systemd-dev_254~rc3-1_all is available.

Yes as Adrian said, the debian-ports archive is no longer updated, so
things are slowly getting broken there.

> If I attempt a debootstrap with the main archive, I run into an error where dependencies are just flat out missing. For example, libsystemd-shared depends on libapparmor1, but libapparmor1 is not available in the main archive yet. Is it reasonable to expect these to become available as buildd/CI passes and pushes these to the main archive over the coming days?

Indeed we are at the beginning of the bootstrap process into the new
archive, so some packages end-up non installable. Things are going to
eventually get fixed. It's difficult to tell exactly when, but it's
rather going to be weeks than days.

In the meantime, depending on what you are trying to do, you can try to
run debootstrap with --variant=minbase. That's really the minimal system
so it's enough for a chroot, not for booting a system.

Regards
Aurelien

aurelien@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net