Re: Troubles mit Jessie

On 2015-06-22 19:33, Roli Steiger wrote:
> Hallo,

Hi,

Danke für dein interesse.  Ich sprache nicht sehr gute Deutsch und will
in English antworten.  (Für Deutsch haben wir ein Deutsche mailing list:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/)

Thanks for your interest.  Unfortunately, I do not speak German very
well and will reply in English.

> Da habt Ihr uns ja ein schöner Mist eingebrockt!!!
> Zuerst die völlig unnötige init System änderung mit Jessie.

If you are unsatisfied with the default init system in Jessie, it is
possible to retain sysvinit:
 * For upgrades, please see the [REL-NOTES-5.6].
 * For installation, please use "preseed/late_command" (see the
   [DWIKI-systemd])

[REL-NOTES-5.6]:
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.de.html#systemd-upgrade-default-init-system

[DWIKI-systemd]: https://wiki.debian.org/systemd#Installing_without_systemd

> Sowie die PermitRootLogin without-password Standard Einstellung,

It is also possible to avoid this:
 * For upgrades, please see the [REL-NOTES-5.2]
 * For installation, please use "preseed/late_command".  Similar for
   systemd, here it is "just" a sed -i command.

[REL-NOTES-5.2]:
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.de.html#openssh

> und dann auch noch sämtliche Pakete von Roundcube  mit Jessie gekickt.

The roundcube packages were removed from Jessie as the request of their
maintainers.  Please see #775666, where the maintainer says:

"""
Please, remove roundcube from testing. The current maintainers (me and
lunar) don't have the necessary time to maintain it for Jessie. The
current version is already a bit outdated for other reasons and
security support for Jessie lifecycle may prove to be too difficult
(XSS and CSRF are difficult to backport and a fix for a given version
may be incomplete for an older version).
"""

> Damit nicht genug, nicht mal mehr per backports gibt’s die Pakete von
> Roundcube.

Perhaps the roundcube maintainers would be happy to maintain a backport,
though you would have to ask them.  If not, I am sure they would welcome
someone else volunteering to do it.

> Warum nur?

 * Roundcube: Requested by maintainers (#775666)
 * Init-system: Decided by our Tech-Ctte and later re-affirmed by vote.
   If you like, I can dig up the resolutions.
 * OpenSSH: Requested in #298138 to get a "secure default".

> Ist Debian nun wirklich auf dem absteigenden Ast?

I am sorry you feel that way.  If the workarounds above are
insufficient, the best I can offer is that you join us as a volunteer
and work with us to improve Debian.  I will happily point you in the
right direction.

> Würde mich Sehr über ein entsprechendes feedback von euch freuen.
>
> gretz
>
> funroli
>

> [...]

I hope my answers were useful despite being entirely in English.

Thanks / Danke,
~Niels