Re: Flightgear for Wheezy

Dear Megaf,

Am Samstag, den 25.01.2014, 10:59 -0200 schrieb Megaf:
> Hi all. I was wondering why there's no Flightgear for Wheezy, then I
> found out this.
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2012/11/msg01284.html
>

> The thing is, all those bugs are all fixed now.
>

> Bellow a short chat I had at Flightgear official channel at
> irc.flightgear.org
>
> * Now talking on #flightgear
>
> <Megaf> Hi all, could you please cooperate with Debian?
> <Megaf> https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2012/11/msg01284.html
> <Megaf> they removed flightgear from repos because of flightgear devs
> <papillon81> Megaf: those bugs you point to are all closed and fixed
> (even in debian)

thanks for trying to support Debian. But please be careful when talking
to upstream. From my quick reading of the mail and the bugs, it is only
talking about the maintainer, meaning the person in Debian working on
the packaging, not the upstream developers – which might find the
question „could you please cooperate with Debian?“ reproachful.

The current status of the package with regard to entering wheezy can be
seen on
http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/flightgear.html
where it says:
out of date on kfreebsd-amd64: flightgear (from 2.4.0-1.2)
out of date on kfreebsd-i386: flightgear (from 2.4.0-1.2)
flightgear (source, i386, amd64, armel, armhf, kfreebsd-amd64,
kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390x, sparc, ia64) has new bugs!
Updating flightgear introduces new bugs: #724686.

That but says it is blocked by #720816, which was only closed recently.
So there is progress!

The page also says that flightgear is part of two transitions, which can
further slow things down.

So I guess eventually things will work out, just be patient for a little
while.

Greetings,
Joachim

--