Pre-approval request for catdoc

I've messed up catdoc and now there are two bugs which need to be
fixed. RealLife has been more than a bit chaotic recently and I hadn't
noticed the severity of #692076, giving Nick the wrong advice. When
preparing 0.94.3 upstream, we caused #692073 as well which makes fixing
any bug in catdoc all but impossible. Bad combination.

Nick & I are the upstream for catdoc but we ran out of time to sanitise
the upstream build system for 0.94.3, leading to a broken build and a
hack which has now caused the .pc directory to be retained inside
the .orig which breaks dpkg-source format 3.0 (quilt) such that
dpkg-source --commit now fails to work if any patches are added to the
package.

#692073 therefore makes catdoc all but impossible to NMU - it makes it
all but impossible for me to rebuild 0.94.3. I'm considering raising
the severity (probably serious as the catdoc build system in the
current version in Debian is not particularly sane).

The best fix would be a new .orig - there are no patches in the current
debian package and the patch for #692076 could be integrated upstream
as the only change from 0.94.3.orig.tar.gz and 0.94.4.orig.tar.gz. That
and the removal of the .pc directory would be the only upstream change
between 0.94.3 and 0.94.4. After Wheezy, we'll switch the catdoc build
to probably cmake and do a backport including some other interim
fixes.

Is this appropriate as an RC bug fix?

--

Neil Williams