Re: Patch for fixing keystone rc bug #687311 : permission to upload in SID?

On 09/29/2012 09:37 PM, Julien Cristau wrote:
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 15:16:06 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:

On 09/26/2012 02:59 AM, Julien Cristau wrote:
Normally the config script doesn't touch configuration files, it reads
the current configuration if it exists, updates the values in debconf,
then asks the user if necessary.  The postinst then writes the actual
config.

Right, what was I thinking. Of course. (I knew something was wrong
there. shame on me :/)

I uploaded the fixed package to SID and will ask for an unblock in 10 days.

In the postinst, this:

+       if ! [ -e "${KEY_CONF}" ] ; then
+               cp /usr/share/doc/keystone/keystone.conf.sample ${KEY_CONF}
         fi

violates policy 12.3:

      Packages must not require the existence of any files in
      `/usr/share/doc/' in order to function [1].  Any files that are
      referenced by programs but are also useful as stand alone
      documentation should be installed under `/usr/share/<package>/' with
      symbolic links from `/usr/share/doc/<package>'.

see also 10.7.3, which suggests to put sample config files used this way
in /usr/share/<package>.

Cheers,
Julien

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I will do the necessary changes soon.

I have already fixed the scripting in the config script as per your other email (I did test it, but not enough it seems, I believe it's now ok).

Cheers,

Thomas