Re: BinNMU breaks QT4

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 22:43 +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:
> I update my system (Sid) just mow, and got some errors due to BinNUM of QT.

and have you discussed this with the maintainers, who requested the
binNMU?  (CCed)

> I aware of the technical debate on multiarch and binnum, it seems that all guys
> there have their sufficient arguments. It's great technical debate, WHILE:
>
> The problem is there unsloved, and USERs are using my system, and
> We know exactly that the binnum of some packages will broken system certainly.

There's no need to shout.  It really doesn't help your point.

If you're running a multi-user system and basing it on sid, you really
have to expect some breakage, multi-arch or not.

> Why we still BinNMU these packages before this problem completely resolved?
>
> Must we?

Well it avoids tying up several hours of buildd time on architectures
not affected by the issue the binNMU was scheduled for (i.e. 9/14).

Regards,

Adam