Re: Getting rid of automake1.7 for Wheezy?

Hello Luca,

Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> (09/08/2012):
> bug #648591 asks for removal of automake1,7, superseded by newer
> versions.  It wasn't processed in time for the freeze because of two
> rdeps, isdnutils and lustre.
>
> Both packages have been recently adjusted to migrate to a newer
> automake (debdiffs attached), so I wonder whether you are inclined to
> grant a freeze exception for these packages to eventually let
> automake1.7 to be removed from Wheezy after its removal from unstable.
> If that's unsuitable for Wheezy, would you like FTP Team to wait to
> remove automake1.7 from unstable too?

I've just unblocked isdnutils; the patch for lustre doesn't look too
bad, but we still have to receive a bug report for its unblock AFAICT.
It looks to me like dropping automake1.7 entirely could happen once we
have dealt with that said unblock request (probably favorably).

Mraw,
KiBi.