Re: Zabbix package's RC bugs fixed - ready for Squeeze

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 01:02 +0100, Christoph Haas wrote:
> 1.) Putting the database upgrade scripts into
>     /usr/share/doc/zabbix-server-(pg|my)sql/examples/1.(6|8)/...
>
>     The upstream developers failed to send me proper SQL to
>     upgrade the database from 1.4->1.6->1.8 and pointed out that
>     users of Zabbix have to run their SQL queries and ignore any
>     error or even run the upgrade shell script.
>
>     The README.Debian of the zabbix-server-mysql and
>     zabbix-server-pgsql packages reflect that.

So what happens when a user upgrades from lenny to the new package?
Does their zabbix installation simply stop working?  Is there any
information provided to them during the upgrade as to what's going on?

> 2.) The debian/patches/zbx-2329 quilt patch has been added
>     to deal with a problem in Zabbix 1.8.2 that caused data
>     loss and had been fixed upstream in Zabbix 1.8.3.
>     I asked for a proper patch to fix this very issue and
>     this quilt patch fixed it (I verified that).

This looks okay; thanks.

> Let me know if there are further issues that need explanation. And
> thanks for your effort.

There's a couple, I'm afraid.

+  * Removed recommends for a database server from zabbix-frontend-php
+    package to prevent automatic installation since recommenations are
+    automatically installed.

This doesn't seem to have been applied to the unstable packages?
Presumably the package is still going to attempt the database
autoconfiguration step during install anyway?

-       chmod 000 $(TMP_FRONTEND)/usr/share/zabbix/setup.php
+       rm $(TMP_FRONTEND)/usr/share/zabbix/setup.php

Why was this change made? (and why was the previous package explicitly
setting an included file to mode 000?  That seems a little strange).

Thanks for your work.

Regards,

Adam