Re: Prospective last minute changes to iceweasel/iceape

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:06:56PM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 09:10:27AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to upload, shortly after testing migration, a new release
> > of iceweasel and iceape with the following changes:
> > - Remove the upgrade notification. It has too many caveats to be
> >   useful to our users at the moment. I plead guilty to not having
> >   cared about the issue.
> > - Relax build dependency on libglib2.0-dev, since version 2.18 was only
> >   needed for the above upgrade notification. Will make backports for
> >   lenny a bit easier.
> > - Update the watch file and add a script to repackage upstream tarballs
> >   into debian tarballs.
>
> I also need to add something:
> - Work around build failures on kfreebsd. 2 of the buildds have
>   something wrong that prevent iceweasel from building regularly on
>   kfreebsd, and that's going to be a pita for security support on
>   stable, unless someone actively investigates the issue (KiBi lacks the
>   time) or gives me access to one of these buildds.

All these were done in 3.5.16-2, but there are a few more I'd like to
address:
- Apply the dpkg-trigger trick in postinst so that python-xpcom can
  register properly (part of #606791)
- Use a different kind of timeout in the testsuite, because, while the
  timeout introduced in 3.5.16-2 worked, it apparently doesn't work well
  enough.
- Fix iceweasel's README.Debian.

Please advise what timing would be best for an upload, considering
sqlite3 (e.g. if the solution for it will require binNMUs, it would be
better to upload after sqlite3)

Mike