Re: Meeting Minutes for the IRC Release Team Meeting on August 23, 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:28:15AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
>    - upgrade-reports to be prepared and solicited  [assignee: vorlon]

I'm very happy to read that you're on this. I've briefly discussed the
matter with Philipp at DebConf10 and I agree that we need to send out a
call for user upgrades ASAP.

To avoid burning out the remaining cycles of the release team :-), I
suggest to both send out a "call for upgrades" via debian-news
(-publicity is great for coordinating that) and to mention how to help
reviewing the upgrade reports on d-d-a, maybe as part of the next "bits
from the release team".

For instance, I'm sure that a lot of people doesn't know about the
"upgrade-reports" pseudo package and, more importantly, they do not
necessarily know that the release team is actively using it.

If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams