Re: ghc6 6.12.3 and the transition freeze

On 07/15/2010 10:49 PM, Kari Pahula wrote:
> Replying to debian-release too since they would have a thing or two to
> say about this.

Thanks!

A haskell transition isn't something we could describe as "a small
update", it
would take at least two weeks to have it done. We prefer to not start such
a transition at this stage. The freeze is approaching and we are working
hard
on getting *planned* transitions done in time. You should have raised
your voice
a bit earlier I'm afraid.

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:08:55PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
>> As I can see it currently, the state of haskell in testing is quite
>> well. So if we’d upload ghc6-6.12.3 to unstable now and do _not_ make it
>> in testing in time, there is not much of a loss. The only possible
>> problem is if we do not make it to testing in time _and_ it turns out
>> that we have to fix bugs in testing; then we would have to use
>> testing-proposed-updates to fix those.

t-p-u isn't made to finish half broken transitions.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/