Re: Invite to join the Release Team

Hi!

Andreas Barth schrieb:

This is not adequate for sending out to d-d-a.

Actually, we should give our developers (and the press who is reading
that as well) an truthfull "status quo" of our activities. Also, it's
not "Andreas Barth wants that", but either the release team wants it,
or we don't want it.

With as well as without my press hat I find the proposed text rather suboptimal. Even as a developer who lurks around this list I don't know what most of the text is supposed to tell me. I think many fellow DDs (and other contributors) won't know what to do with this announcement as well, not to mention the press people, who will surely read it as well. The previous release update read far more smoothly, not just as a list of transitions going on currently.

One detail I'd like to mention:

>> The number of RC bugs concerning squeeze[3] is currently 756.

I fail to reproduce this number; bts.turmzimmer.net lists currently ~520 rc bugs in squeeze, and bugs.d.o/release-critical lists 840. Not to mention, that both numbers are not very accurate to measure the state of the release.

Best regards,
  Alexander