Do we want to change libxml2's package name

Hi,

While going through the list of bugs for libxml2, I was wondering what
to do with #142172, which I tagged wontfix almost 6 years ago, when I
became libxml2 maintainer, because of the status quo between the
reporter and the previous maintainer.

I am now wondering what to do. Doing the change, introducing a
transitional package, shouldn't be disruptive. On the other hand,
leaving the package as it is is doing no harm besides the policy
violation that has been in place for almost a decade.

What do you think?

Mike