Please hint krb5 1.7 into testing and retain libkrb53 in testing

Hi.

This is an update on my message about  the krb5 transition.

Currently, if krb5 1.7 from unstable were to migrate into testing and
if the libkrb53 binary package were maintained in testing (it
disappears from the krb5 source package between testing and unstable), I believe we have high confidence that:

1) nothing would break
2) we would unjam a significant number of migrations blocked by krb5

The libkrb53 package includes libraries to support Kerberos 4 that were dropped between
version 1.6 and 1.7.  The version of krb5 already in testing
effectively has stub support for these libraries; the functionality is
for all practical purposes not available in testing.
(For more detail read the previous notes on this here and on debian-devel)

An application that uses libraries from the libkrb53 package currently
in testing and the other library packages currently in unstable will
not segfault.  It will simply get some function calls that return a
not-implemented error.  For the most part these functions already
return not-implemented in testing.

Thanks for your consideration,

--Sam