Re: Suitesparse 3.2.0

+ Julian Gilbey (Tue, 07 Apr 2009 19:51:29 +0100):

> Is there any reason to still be holding back suitesparse from
> migrating to testing (as requested by Adeodato)?  It is now the only
> thing, AFAICT, holding back openoffice.org 3.0 from migrating to
> testing.

suitesparse is going to need manual poking for it to transition, I hope
to get to that on Thursday. In the meantime, while it wasn’t ready, I
added a “block” hint to make britney go faster (so that it doesn’t try
costly updates that are doomed to fail). I’ve removed the unblock now
and added a hint, but it won’t be successful until I can pay closer
attention.

+ Rafael Laboissiere (Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:20:46 +0200):

> * Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> [2009-04-07 19:51]:

> > Is there any reason to still be holding back suitesparse from
> > migrating to testing (as requested by Adeodato)?  It is now the only
> > thing, AFAICT, holding back openoffice.org 3.0 from migrating to
> > testing.

> According to the transitions summary page [1], the package illuminator is
> the only blocker [2].

> I do not understand though why this package is taking so long to
> autobuild.  Most of the architectures are waiting for libpetsc3.0.0-dev,
> but this package is already built everywhere since one week or so.

#522764 (and, to a lesser extent, #522699). However, getting illuminator
built wouldn’t buy us much, since it will depend on the new petsc, and
the new petsc is a small transition of its own that I have no idea how
ready it is.

As I agreed with the Openoffice.org maintainer today, I’ll be pushing
suitesparse without petsc/illuminator before the end of the week,
hopefully on Thursday. Until now we were waiting on, at least, an armel
build of openoffice.org 3.0.1-9.

Hope that clears things up,

--
- Are you sure we're good?