Re: please unblock python-urwid 0.9.7.2

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
Ian Ward <ian@excess.org> writes:
I am the upstream author of python-urwid, and I released version 0.9.7.2
to fix a UTF-8 input handling bug that will crash applications using Urwid.

I don't see a bug report about this, and the diff shows that there were
some other changes than what you describe between 0.9.7.1 and .2. So
overall, I don't think this should be unblocked.

Marc

Thanks for reviewing this change.

The input bug was reported to me directly, not through Debian bug tracking. The other changes in .2 are fixes for a (very) big slow down when using the UTF-8 encoding. I should have pointed that out in my first email.

I can release a patch against 0.9.7.1 that only fixes the input bug, if that would be more likely to be allowed through.

Ian