Re: Please unblock mysql-dfsg-5.0 5.0.32-6 <- ABI problems!

Hello

On 2007-02-17 Steve Langasek wrote:
> > The changes from Monty Taylor address issues that would probably have
> > caused RC bugs in the future (he's mysql employee and sent patches
> > instead of filing a bug report :))
>
> Um, that's a vague rationale; I'm "probably" not going to make a freeze
> exception for a "probably" RC bug. :)

After asking Monty about this he told me that at least no data corruption can
appear. So that can to wait.

So I would prepare the a t-p-u upload with the following changes if that's
ok with you:

  * Backported upstream patch for a bug that crashed the server when using
    certain join/group/limit combinations.
    Users of the Joomla CMS seemed to be affected by this. Closes: #403721

  * The debian-start script that runs on every server start now first upgrades
    the system tables (if neccessary) and then check them as it sometimes did
    not work the other way around (e.g. for MediaWiki). The script now uses
    mysql_update instead of mysql_update_script as recommended. Closes: 409780

  * The old_passwords setting that is set according to a Debconf question is
    now written to /etc/mysql/conf.d/old_passwords.cnf instead directly to the
    conffile /etc/mysql/my.cnf which would be fobidden by policy (thanks to
    Robert Bihlmeyer). Closes: #409750

  * Added bison to build dependencies.

The l10n Debconf changes will be made in unstable only. Do you allow t-p-u
uploads that consists of Debconf changes with *complete* translations? Then
I will do that once I have them all (thanks to Christian Perriers mail 8/10
are already there).

bye,

-christian-